Healthy lifestyle for a healthy heart is the key to a better living; our heart works non-stop throughout our life and it is important to keep it healthy and hearty. One can keep the heart healthy by bringing in small lifestyle changes that can make a big difference in the long run. Change is a part of life and if the change is for good then there is nothing better than that. It is difficult to adapt to new changes but it is not impossible.
Good life style changes are not only good for a better heart but also for the overall body and its functioning. By bringing in a few changes you can stay healthy and away from diseases.
Lifestyle changes for a hearty living
Here are a few small changes that you can bring in your life and lead a better and healthier life:
7 hours good- night sleep- It is important to sleep for 7 hours daily for young and mid-aged adults. Those who sleep for less than 7 hours are susceptible to a lot of health risks. A good quality sleep is necessary to keep the arteries functioning; if you have trouble sleeping for 7 hours then consult a doctor before its too late.
- Low blood pressure level- High blood pressure can lead to heart failure or a heart stroke, so one should try and keep the blood pressure in control and monitored regularly. Those who have a problem of high blood pressure should try and control it by bringing in certain changes in their eating habits. No salt, no alcohol and no unhealthy food along with a proper exercise regime would lead to a lower BP level.
- Cut down on saturated fats- In order to keep your heart healthy, it is quite important to cut down the intake of saturated fats like meat and full dairy products. Saturated fats are also a reason for bad cholesterol level, so keep the intake of such fats at bay.
- Keep moving- Try and move your body for atleast 30 minutes in a day; this is like an exercise and it also helps in keeping the heart healthy. It is important to do something that doing nothing; do not be seated for too long.
- Wholesome breakfast- Start your day by having a wholesome breakfast, this is necessary for a kickass day ahead. A good breakfast is important to stay healthy and fit.
- Quit smoking- In case you are a passive smoker then it is better to quit it, as smoking is seriously injurious to health and to the heart. People who smoke are at a higher risk of getting a heart stroke.
- Weight management- The risk of heart diseases is more in obese people, so it is better to keep a check on your weight.
A healthy heart is only possible if you are ready to bring a change in your life by following a healthy lifestyle.